Saturday, October 21, 2006

Just over 24 Hours...

And I leave on my first leg. I think this one will be the best, I hear L.A. is beautiful this time of year, especially in the airport. Yeah, so I go to LA from SFO at 5 pm and then onto Fiji at 8 pm for 10 hours of fun. Arrive in Nadi around 3 am. I haven't figured out what I'm doing there yet. Most likely I'll end up in the Yasawa Island group. Everyone says that it's the most beautiful part and if you're only there for a short time, an excellent place to chill out.

Had my last US poker games last night. Came in first in the first tournament of the night and then won about $30 in the cash game so it was a good night for me. I think I'll try to make it a goal of mine to play/teach poker (mainly Texas Hold'em) to as many people as I can. I'm sure it'll be especially fun with people who don't speak English! Thanks to the poker crew, but you're all very, very, lucky that I'm leaving because I am the best player in the bunch and there is no denying it.

I was supposed to take my motorcycle over to my grandmother's today but Dan convinced me that I should get out in the water one last time and catch a few waves. Definitely a good idea. I wasn't intending my trip to be a surfing trip but I won't be able to pass up some of the awesome surf spots I'll be near so I'm sure I'll be posting about perfect head high waves as some point.

Super, fun going away party tonight. I'll have to make sure I don't overdo it since I have to get up relatively early and still take care of my bike. Thanks to Dan for hosting me for a couple of days and hosting the party tonight. Oh, and his and Maegan's new place is great, in case anyone cares :-)

Ok, this will most likely be my last post until somewhere in Fiji, although I think internet access isn't all that prevalent there, so it may not be until New Zealand.

Peace and good happy things to everyone. Oh gosh, I'm starting to tear up....ok, maybe not :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home