Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Clean my apartment? what?

So, I'm a bachelor and I'd have to say I'm not the cleanest of guys. I wasn't nasty dirty or anything, I just didn't get around to dusting and vacuuming...pretty much ever. I think, in the five years I lived at my place, I could easily count the number of times I vacuumed on one hand and probably use my eyes to count the number of times I really dusted the place. And all this was very apparent once everything was moved out (except for the couch...ahem...Joe). Cleaning the place didn't look it was going to be too much fun. Luckily for me, there are smarter people around. Dan says "just hire someone". Hire someone? What does that mean? huh? oh....right....pay someone else to clean my house. Brilliant!! So that's getting done today. For what sounds like an almost too good to be true price of $150 for 4 hours work. Maybe they just figure the job will easily be done in less that 4 hours.

I do the walk through with my landlady tomorrow evening. Hopefully I can get most of my $1000 security deposit back. And hopefully she's cool with there still being a couch there (ahem...Joe).

Oh yeah, I'm getting my hair cut today. It's been about three and a half years that I've been letting it grow out, so it's pretty long. I sort of like it, but I know it'll be a royal pain in the ass while traveling and would probably just turn into one giant dread, which could be cool, but might also be pretty scary. Plus there is a salon nearby that will cut your hair for free if you have at least 10 inches to donate to
http://www.locksoflove.org/, a group that makes wigs for kids with no hair. So it's for a good cause. Who knows, maybe I'll see some kid walking down the street with blond hair and suddenly have the strange urge to scratch their head or something. Because it used to be my hair. get it? yeah? ok.

1 Comments:

At 5:47 AM, Blogger Luke Hunter said...

Check.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home