Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Cool Google Earth file

Hey all. What? Posting number 2 already? And he hasn't even left? In fact, it's the same day as his first post....he must be crazy...

Nah, this is just cool. My friend Frank mapped out my itinerary on Google Earth and my friend Wes is hosting a site where you can pick up the file. You'll need to download Google Earth,
http://earth.google.com/ , which you should do anyway, and then go to http://www.plate.net/luke/ and save the file called Lukes trip. Once it's saved to your computer, double click on it to open it in Google Earth. On the left of the GE window will be a frame that is labeled Places, highlight "Luke's trip" and hit play using the right arrow button at the bottom of the window.

Thanks Frank! And thanks to Wes for hosting the file and making the cool collage background that you see on the website. I've got a nice photo quality printed version of the backgroun that I'm taking so I can show people around the world some of my best friends and family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home