Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Note to self/ Super Awesome First post

When you get done typing a blog entry, select it all and copy it just in case the entry doesn't get published, just like it did a couple of minutes ago. Doh! So, I'll try it again.

4 days of work left, 6 days left in the country. My apartment is pretty much empty, just a couple of things left to move out, my phone is disconnected, my backpack is mostly packed, I've had all my shots, I guess I'm ready.

Getting rid of almost everything I own has been interesting. At times it feels cleansing, but at other times I wonder "what am I doing?". All in all, it's been good and I recommend everyone go through and eliminate items they haven't used in a year or so. Especially clothes. I had six large boxes go to goodwill and I still have a fair amount that I'm going to store. Why? I don't know, but for some reason it felt like I should come back to some semblance of a wardrobe. Anyway, getting rid of the rest of the stuff was good. Who really needs notes from a college class they took 10 years ago. Are you really going to go back and look through it? That's what I always thought I'd do, but it just isn't going to happen. Oh, and that car amp that you're not sure ever worked but you've been holding onto for 13 years on the off chance that maybe, some day, you've find some cables for it and install it? Forget it.

Summary: Leaving soon. Clean out your closets.

Peace

Oh yeah, if you want to get ahold of me you can email me at lhunter101@hotmail.com

1 Comments:

At 1:19 PM, Blogger Dave said...

Awesome Luke. I am envious and hope to sneak out and meet you in SE Asia. I think Alaina said something about sneaking out and meeting you in Fiji, NZ, and Australia but it was under her breath and I pretended I didn't hear. Pick up a NZ or Canadian pin to wear in India. I used to wear a Canadian pin in the Middle East and I was only threatened at gunpoint a couple of times! Watch "Midnight Run" one more time and if you miss the moral of the story, I will try to send money for your conjugal visit from someone less hairy than you. I will accept collect calls if you get in trouble. Dave

 

Post a Comment

<< Home