Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Cambodia

Hey all. I'm back in Thailand now after spending the last few days in Cambodia. It was a short trip through Cambodia and I mainly only went there to see the temples of Angkor Wat. Cambodia has had a pretty gnarly recent history with lots of sorrow but I wasn't to up for that, so I skipped the museums in Phnom Penh. If you read Ethan's blog about Cambodia you'll probably get a good idea of why I skipped them. http://ethan-thereandbackagain.blogspot.com.

However, Angkor was super cool. Spent two full days touring around a bunch of the temple complexes. Some of them are in great shape, others are slowing being restored, and still others are slowing being reclaimed by the earth.

(I would have put a video of monkeys on youtube but I got this message when I went to the youtube website:
Sorry,
The web site you are accessing has been blocked by the requested of The Communication Authority of
Thailand.)

I've got a bunch of photos and I think I'll skip putting captions on them. Here ye go...
















































































































































3 Comments:

At 5:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I miss the captions!! It's not your trip without them!

 
At 5:28 AM, Blogger snowtweety said...

Lol. The elephant hugging pict is great!

 
At 11:55 PM, Blogger Ethan said...

Luke like big butts and he can not lie. I don`t think I`ve laughed so hard in weeks! I hope you got that elephants name at least!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home